Two new scholarships are available to support continuing students in the CSUN College of Science and Mathematics, including Biology majors. Both provide substantial monetary awards, and are accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year through March 17, 2023.
The Wujack Harrsion Pre-Med Scholarship, from former CSUN President Dianne Harrison and John L. Wujack, offers $5,000 to a student going into their senior year who “demonstrates the interest and aptitude to pursue a medical career in family practice.” Applicants …
- May be majors in any department of the College of Science and Mathematics;
- Must be undergraduates with junior status (60 units or more, with a minimum of 12 at CSUN);
- Must have a GPA greater than or equal to 3.0;
- Should show promise and intent to purse a medical degree and ultimately specialize in family practice medicine;
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from CSUN faculty members; and
- Must have a current FAFSA on file.
The Matching CSM Edison STEM Scholarships support continuing undergraduate or graduate students in CSM majors, providing up to six awards of $5,000 and one award of $2,500. Applicants …
- May be graduate or undergraduate students in any department of the College of Science and Mathematics;
- Must have completed at least 12 units (if undergraduate) or 6 units (if graduate) at CSUN;
- Must enroll in at least 12 units (if undergraduate) or 6 units (if graduate; 8 preferred) during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year;
- Will be evaluated based on their CSUN GPA; and
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a CSUN faculty member.