April 22 is Earth Day, and the CSUN Institute for Sustainability has a full slate of events organized in collaboration with Associated Students and other campus-wide organizations to promote “environmental justice, sustainable action, and climate solutions”.
The full calendar of events is available on the Institute’s Earth Month webpage; highlights include
- Tuesday, 4/19: Revisiting Food Security and Sustainability in Trinidad and Tobago under COVID (virtual, registration required)
- Wednesday, 4/20 12-1:30pm: Local Ecological Knowledge and Protecting Native Resources (Institute Garden, in-person)
- Thursday, 4/21: How to Electrify Your Drive – Switch to an Electric Car (virtual)
- Friday, 4/22: The Spirit of Soul Food: Race, Faith, and Food Justice – Book Tour with Christopher Carter (virtual)
- Thursday, 4/28: Earth Fair: Climate Control (Bayramian Lawn, in-person)
Featured image: Earth, viewed from orbit. (Flickr: NASA)